Saturday, May 21, 2011

More on Green Smoothies

I have been drinking green smoothies on and off for a year or so. Recently, I started drinking at least one a day beginning with my morning smoothie. It is truly drinking "liquid sunshine". It gives me so much energy and I just feel better in my own, glowing skin. I typically make it fr breakfast and am full until at least noon.

Here is my most basic recipe:
2 cups water
a large handful of raw kale
twice as much raw spinach as kale (I sometimes substitute lettuce which is yummy too)
1/2 raw cucumber
celery if I have it
1 handful of parsley or cilantro
1/2 an apple
1 T bee pollen (loaded with minerals)
1 T chia seeds (protein adn fiber and other good stuff)
1 T hemp seeds ( 3-6 raw almonds)

The nuts really give me that extra filling boost and are loaded with healthy oil, fat and protein. A supreme start to any day.

I found that drinking the green smoothie every morning and then drinking coffee seemed counterproductive. I have dropped caffeine completely and feel even more energized. It has been about 2 months and while I have dropped caffeine in the past this time it was effortless becasue the power of the daily green smoothie is that amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment