Monday, May 16, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I am participating in a 21 day challenge. This week's food focus is eliminating sugar. I am about 90% there. This recipe is both savory and sweet and I am certain will make me feel good while also satisfying my sweet tooth. My hope is that my kids will also enjoy it!

Ingredients:
1 can organic pumpkin
1 cup oat flour
1 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup hemp seeds
1/2 flax seed meal
4 dates, soaked and minced (I use my mini-processor for this)
1/2 cup yellow raisins
1/2 cup ground raw almonds ( ground them so my kids would not see them, you can use sliced raw almonds too)
3/4 cup grain sweetened chocolate chips (carob chips are also a good substitute)
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon

Combine the pumpkin and ground dates. Add the flours and mix well. Add the remaining dry ingredients, adding the raisins and chocolate chips last.


Drop rounded teaspoons onto a cooking sheet and bake at 375 for 12 minutes. I baked these on a metal cookie sheet plain and also on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. The cookies on the parchment paper got crisper. If you have it I recommend using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment