Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sweet Potato Lentil Beet Breads

I have been on a bit of a baking bender. I am a bit of a stress baker so with all the things I am trying to accomplish these days I find myself resorting to baking and creating recipes since I just love it. It is one thing I can be in full control of even it it flops. So here goes...

2 cups shredded raw sweet potato
3 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
2 cups pureed lentils (cooked soft so they puree smooth)
1 cup raw beet juice ( I made this in my Vita-a-mix which is so amazing it allows me to make raw juice while keeping all the fiber and the whole food)
3 egg whites
1 whole egg
1 cup flaxseed meal
2 cups brown rice flour
6 oz non fat Plain Greek yogurt
1 cup unsweetened apple sauce (This can be left out since the sweet potatoes have so much flavor and sweetness)
2T cinnamon
dash ground ginger
3tsp baking soda

Combine all wet ingredients until well blended. Add dry ingredients. Bake in mini-loaf pans. Grease pans before hand. bake at 350 for 40 minutes. test at 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment