Thursday, March 17, 2011

Pumkin and Sweet Potato Waffles

I LOVE Red Mill products. One of my favorites is the high fiber pancake and waffle mix. When I make waffles I tend to make 3-5 batches at a time and then I freeze them. They make a great meal served with berries on top and a drizzle of pure maple syrup. I always struggle at meal time with what to make  so having these on hand and ready to go is great.

Follow the recipe for the waffles but leave out the oil and use only egg whites if you are looking to cut down fat and cholesterol. For each batch add 1 baked sweet potato mashed and 1/3 can of pureed organic pumpkin. Substitute almond milk for water and it gives a great crunch to the waffles.

Pumpkin and sweet potato are wonderful superfoods loaded with nutrition and natural sweetness.

No comments:

Post a Comment